Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Nuttin New

A typical morning for me.  I start my coffee, get the cats fed, put up the flag, check email and skype, then, with my coffee on the end table, I sit down on the couch to read.  Our oldest cat, Patches, always wrangles her way onto my lap.  She's a Florida cat and hates to be cold, which she always seems to be.  Being on my lap must warm the cockles of her heart, if not the rest of her.  We used to laugh cause she will sit under the lamp just to absorb the heat from the 60w bulb.



Doesn't this picture put a chill in your bones.  Actually it was at 6PM and temp was around 20 degrees, a veritable heat wave.  I was taking my flag down and noticed this and just had to share it, especially with all our Florida friends.  It's really neat cause we only have this weather about 3 months out of the year while the Floridians have heat and humidity almost year round, cept for maybe February. 


Cathy has decided my next Honey Do project.  We're (me) are going to install recessed or can lights in the kitchen.  I put up lights around under the cabinets cause this is the darkest spot in the house.  There's only one overhead light but it just isn't bright enough.  So about four 75 watt bulbs ought to do it.  I'll probably relocate the current overhead light to another location in the process and run new wires for the kitchen.  Anyway - it's off to Cookeville and Lowes for the needed supplies.

This is a really good whiskey.  I usually drink Jim Beam or, preferably Makers Mark, when I can afford it.  I sampled this at the liquor store and found it to be a really smooth drink.  It's a Canadian blended select whiskey and more reasonably priced than even Beam.  Got that Barb.  Now you know what the label looks like.  Give it a try.  

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch