Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Honey-Do List check off

Well now - just finished another of Cathy's items on her Honey-Do list.  For awhile now she has wanted a plug-in mounted on her kitchen island so she won't have to move her KitchenAid Professional HD mixer to the other counter.  I have to admit it's a heavy beast and I'm always having to lift it for her when she wants to make something - so - I'll benefit from this project also......
 Had to start by pulling a 50 foot 12/2 wire to the electrical panel and up through the kitchen floor to get to the island.

 I'm sure there's some guy out there laughing and saying I bet he didn't pull another "pull wire" for future use.  But - I did.  I've forgotten that little issue in the past and wound up cutting a big hole in the wall to get another wire run from beneath the house into the electrical box.  I really hated to drill a hole in our hardwood floor but ain't no other way.  So - after some shifting around I got the wire up into the island and pulled it through the switch box.

Just to be safe - we decided to use the standard GFI plug-in.  We also have some of those safety plugs that you plug into the outlet after use to keep the grandkiddies from sticking things into them.  And VIOLA:::::

Cathy has her dedicated kitchen island outlet.  We were gonna put two of them in with an addit outlet on the other side but decided against it at the last minute.  Oh Well - now for the other 100 things still on the Honey-Do list.   

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch