Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Monday, February 16, 2015

And Once Again

Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful, bone chilling, cold day.  When I got up the temp was 9 degrees with -1 wind chill.


This morning it's cold (20 degrees) and snowing a very fine snow flake but it's covering the ground, nonetheless.  The weather guesser has predicted a heavy snowfall of up to 3 inches or more for our area.  Three inches of this stuff will be heavy indeed.




As you can see visibility is limited but, in an emergency, we could still travel down the mountain by the gravel back roads til we get to the salted and cleared main highways. 


As I went to the kitchen to get a fresh cup of java, I noticed the snow flakes had gotten bigger and visibility was getting better however, the temp is still cccccoooolldd.  So for today -

I think we'll just cuddle up with a good book and a cup of coffee and enjoy the heat from the fireplace in our living room.  Kinda like we did yesterday. Heh Heh Heh!!  Wherever you are - have a wonderful God given day - you too Barb...

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch