Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Ain't Goin' Nowhere This Mornin'

Got up this morning and first thing I did was to check on the Willow trees in the front yard.

It's almost back to it full upright position but the temp is still 33 degrees so it probably hasn't thawed out completely yet.  There's hope after all.  Cathy wants to get into town this morning to pick up some groceries that we need but unless the sun breaks out and cuts this fog - we ain't goin' anywhere.



This is the view of the roadway off the front porch.  Visibility is about100 feet, while off the back porch - -

Visibility is about 30 feet.  Haven't seen ground fog this heavy since we moved to the mountain over seven years ago.  Hoping it will clear up as the sun comes out, if it comes out at all.
    I called my work partner (Ken) yesterday afternoon to see about procedures for installing can lights in the ceiling.  When he called me back, he informed me that the entire Jamestown area all the way down to Crossville was without electricity - big trees and limbs were down across power lines all over the area.  Apparently they caught the brunt of ice storm that was predicted for the Nashville area.  According to Ken the damage is so wide spread that it'll take until Monday to restore power and clear the roadways.  We caught the very edge of that storm and, because our power source is from Kentucky via Byrdstown, we didn't suffer any power major loss.  However, Kentucky did get hit pretty hard with snow, ice and wind.  It's really eerie standing on the front porch and looking out at this for -  it's deathly quiet as the fog is so thick it absorbs the normal sounds that I would normally hear.  Think I'll just stay inside for awhile and give mother nature to do what it has to do, like hang the sun up in the sky, clear off all the fog and start things warming up again.  Yup - think that's what I'll do.

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch