Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Great morning for hearty breakfast

Well - that white stuff is back again.  Seems to be here one day and gone the next but it just keeps on coming back.

 This was taken off our back porch facing northeast into Kentucky.  Usually you can see three different mountain ranges and into Ky on a clear day.  That white stuff is really coming down.  So - I made breakfast for Cathy and I.

Course we also had juice and coffee to wash it down and lots of Maple syrup to top it off.  It's a meal that'll stick to your ribs on a day like this.  The wind is blowing near constantly and gusting up to 25 mph that  puts the wind chill below zero again.  This summer I'm goin hunting up in Pennsylvania and gonna shoot that fat ole groundhog that keeps predicting 6 more weeks of winter.  Then I'm gonna eat him just to be sure he don't come back. 
    Cathy is experiencing residual back pain from the procedure the did on Monday.  She has four punctures on her back where they passed the needles into her backbone to fix the fractures.  I had never heard of kyphoplasty until her neurosurgeon described it to her.  It's amazing what they can do these days to alleviate pain. I can't even begin to imagine what people 15 - 20 years ago did to tolerate this kind of pain.  I guess they were heartier stock than usn's.  Anywho - she be gettin' better each day.  Later - - ya'll.

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch