Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Unusual Cat Behavior

Yesterday I watched as the adult male cat, we call Tigger, walked away with two of the three kittens.  They jumped down off the back deck, headed over toward our old shed and went inside.  I assumed they were looking for a cooler location.  However, they left a little black and white male, we call Skeeter, behind.  That was early afternoon.  Around 5 or 6 PM I heard small caliber rifle shots from just down the mountain but didn't think much about it cause our neighbors target practice and hunt often.  Anyway later in the evening, when it was feeding time, they still hadn't returned which is very unusual cause they seldom miss mealtime.  Went ahead and fed Skeeter, who didn't seem to be very hungry.  Cathy and I discussed bringing the lone kitten into the house for the night just to be safe but finally decided that we would leave him out on the deck just in case the others returned.  Checked again this morning and they still aren't back.  Now I am getting a little concerned and plan to go on a walk about to see if I can find the missing brood.  In the meantime we're bringing Skeeter in the house for safekeeping.  More later.

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch