Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Monday, July 15, 2013

More Cats

Well - for the past month we have had a male cat, very light tiger stripe, that's been hanging around and eating our free food that we put out.  He's wild but not totally scared.  We haven't been able to get anywhere near him.  Anyway, a couple of days ago I went out and low and behold here he is with three little kittens tagging along.  They're totally wild and absolutely starved.  You could see their back bones and ribs.  So - here we go again.  This is totally weird.  I've never seen a male cat taking care of kittens.  Unless this is a really young male, they usually kill off the kittens to force the female back into heat.  We called the vet and she agreed - it's strange.  But she says if we'll tame them down - she'll take them in and see that they have good homes.  I'll post pictures as soon as I get some.  It's really funny watching this male cat groom and clean these kittens.  It looks like two males (one black and white and a grey tabby) and a female (tortie).  The adult male, we call him tigger, places himself between us and the kittens anytime we go out on the porch and he pushes and herds them away from us whenever they roam too close.  I've never seen anything like it.  More later.........

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch