Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

First Arrow Head of 2015

Saturday was such a nice day, which lately has been very unusual, - so I decided to go hunting for arrow heads on the logging road below the house.  We've had some torrential down pours and that's what usually brings them to the surface, especially near steep embankments.  Anyway - I hadn't been on the road more than 20 minutes when I spied this.

If you look closely you can see a grey area in the middle of the picture.  That is what you usually see.  An old timer once told me to look for color not shape cause shapes are harder to find and you seldom see them fully on the surface.  


 This is what I uncovered from that flash of color.

And after washing it off I have a rough point.  It's badly worn and all the breaks and badly worn areas are really old -  so this was probably discarded as of no use.  But I like it and it will add to my collection.  Starting to get that ole spring fever.  The grass is greening up and trees are budding out and they're predicting freezing temps for Thursday - Saturday, with snow likely.  Now ain't that the HOOTS (substitute your own word here).  This same scenario happened a couple of years ago and killed off a lot of plants, not to mention that years production of walnuts, hickory nuts and berries of all kinds.  We'll just have to wait and see what the impact is.  That's that old Global Warming for ya!!  Yuk Yuk

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch