Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Almost Spring???

Ah well - Here we are now thinking it's Spring already and what happens.  It starts raining again and the temp drops to around 35 overnight.  Ain't we had enough of this crap.  It's not just the weather so much as it is being cooped up in the house.  I really truly prefer being outdoors doing outdoor stuff.  Patience is truly a virtue and I gots not virtues, therefore no patience.  COME ON SPRING - WHERE ARE YOU...
Cathy finally got her dining room set that was being held pending the sale of our old set.


It's smaller and takes up a lot less room than our older set.  It even gives us room to hang a picture on the wall and we can actually walk around the table without turning sideways.  It's really a nice set and it's solid oak furniture made right here in Tennessee.  FINALLY - something that ain't made in China.
Yesterday, when the weather was oh so much nicer, I was looking out off the back porch and saw the annual turkey rites being held on the hill behind our house.






This was the perfect opportunity for me to try out my 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens.  Didn't have time to set up the tripod and the longer you move around the more likely they're gonna spot you.  So I just squatted down and used the porch handrail as a rest.  Still didn't get the sharp focus I wanted but it was close.  There were about 6 or 7 hens feeding about 70 feet below this guy and they seemed to be completely ignoring him.  He sure was strutting his stuff.  I'd say he was about 600 feet away when I took this photo.

Cathy and I have been having a little evening sit down in our living room every Friday night for well over 10 years.  We call it our Friday night Soiree.  We started this back when we were both still working and seldom got to spend quality together so we decided we'd reserve our Friday evenings for just the two of us.  Cathy usually prepares something, we have a nice bottle of wine and watch a movie on the TV after we've eaten.  It's just a nice quiet way to cap off what usually was a hectic week.  Now lately - it's just a nice tradition we intend to continue.  This particular meal was buffalo wings and potato salad with a bottle of Riunite Moscato.

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch