Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

It's hard to get old!!

Wow - Haven't been on the blog since before Christmas.  So - I thought I'd get on and do some updating and couldn't get on.  It's like the blog had been hijacked somehow cause the email it showed was not ours.  Anyway, not being a techy,  I had to play around for a couple of hours and finally got back on.  WHEW!  What a goat rope.   Now I can't upload pics to the blog.  What the Hey...A n y w h o -------
     We had a really super Christmas.  It started with my son, Stephen, loaning us his Honda Pilot so we could bring our daughter the grandkids up for the Holidays.  My truck, good as it is, just won't haul 8 people.  So we headed out south, spent the night in Macon, Ga. then went the rest of the way to Brooksville, Florida.  Picked up Stephen's suv, spent the night at Kristy's and hit the road the next morning for the return trip.

                     ((LtoR Lisa (dau-in-law), Kaylee, Kristy w/Hunter, Jynna, Steve & Cathy))

We drove straight through (14 hours) getting to Tennessee in the evening hours.  The next day the girls decided to decorate the tree and the inside of the house.  Cathy and I had decided to wait on decorating until the kids were here.

                                            ((LtoR - Kaylee, Jynna Mae, Kristy and Lilly))
Then the waiting started.  Lilly, our fashion-plate, couldn't keep out of the presents under the tree and Christmas morning was a whirlwind of activity.  We did manage to work in a quick breakfast.  It didn't snow for Christmas but it did snow just before we had to take the girls back to Florida.

                                                       ((Lilly our 6 y/o grand daughter))
This was our first time to see Hunter, our newest grand son, and it was his first Christmas.  This made it a very special time for them and us. 
                                                                        ((Hunter))

An unfortunate accident happened to this little guy just before they left.  He scooted backwards off the bed, fell between the bed and nightstand and broke his left femur, the ER doctor called it a "buckle fracture" and said it is commonly associated with very young children.  Anyway they took Kristy and Hunter to All Childrens Hospital in East Tennessee, Knoxville by ambulance and Cathy and I followed in the car.  It was a long day but turned out well as they put his leg in a stiff wrap to hold until he was back in Florida where he went to Tampa and had a cast put on.  He's working on his 3rd cast, so far.
                                  ((Lilly, in her Christmas dress made by Gma, and Hunter))

I still haven't figured out what was wrong earlier when I couldn't upload pics but I also found that I couldn't use our Skype to video chat either.  I downloaded new drivers, changed firewall and anti-virus settings, all to no avail.  I finally did a system "restore to earlier date" and !!viola !!,  we're back to normal.  Well, almost.  I'm still trying to figure out what happened.  Of course, with out two older grandkids here, both of whom are heavy into computers and ipads, and love to download songs etc, there probably just ain't no tellin'.  Oh well!  As the sayin' up here goes, "Mountain folk will survive."  Later.....






No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch