Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Mountain weather

 Its amazing how fast the weather can change around here.  Our last post was 21 October and the grass was still somewhat green and the wx was warm enough that I was wearing a short sleeve T shirt on the barn roof.

 
 
 
The photo of the deer off our back porch was taken last week.  It was colder but nothing like it is today.



It was 20 degrees off our front porch this AM and we've had about a 1/2 inch of snow.  We brought the porch cats indoors, and the outdoor cats onto the back porch where they can stay in the cat condo with heating pads.  The high for today is supposed to be 29 so we'll keep them on the porch for awhile.  Two of the cats appear to have an upper respiratory infection so we're treating them.  Not a good time for any aliment in this weather.



We have Maddy visiting us for Thanksgiving.  She came to visit during the summer with her God daughter and decided to accept our invite for the holidays.  We were stationed with Maddy when we were in Misawa, Japan.  She was in the Air Force and worked with Cathy at the base post office. We're glad to have the company and especially now that it's snowing and we're somewhat cabin-bound.  I'm the beneficiary of all this cause both the ladies are preparing what appears to be a smashing Thanksgiving meal.  I've no complaints.
Cathy and I have been racking our brains for a way to get the grand kids up for Christmas this year.  We finally thought of a way.  Our son, Stephen, is gonna loan us his suv that can seat 6 passengers in the rear and we'll lend him our truck for the holidays.  His suv gets better gas mileage than my truck so it should be a bit cheaper on the transport.  Hope all goes as planned.  Well - here's wishing you all a happy and safe Thanksgiving.



1 comment:

Patricia said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Help me remember who Maddy is. I figure I must know her from the post office as well. I wonder if I have a picture of us from the postal years... Have a delicious and wonderful day.

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch