Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Rainy Day Surprise

I noticed Cathy scurrying around her kitchen this morning and figured she was up to another of her delectible surprises.  She watches most of the cooking shows on TV and comes up with some pretty good ideas.  While she was away, checking her email, I went snooping around.  She has this kitchen helper (Kitchen Witch) hanging near the stove that gives last minute tips.


We got this critter back in the late 80's when we were stationed in Maryland and made one of our camping trips to the Shenandoah Valley.  Cathy kinda likes her kitchen and is a genius when it comes to putting meals together.  You'll never, ever hear me complain - in fact, quite the opposite. 

 
You can see Cathy's Kitchen Witch hanging from the kitchen light next to the pot rack. I noticed that she is cooking one of Giada's recipes -  Italian Meatball Stew.  So I did some more snooping around.  I found this frying pan full of meatballs.  Actually they're a mixture of hamburger and sausage.
 
    UUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!  Had to taste...  While I was taking the pics, Cathy came back and was telling me that this recipe didn't have any garlic in it.  Noooooow everyone knows that Italians never eat anything without garlic.  They even have it in their breakfast cereal and coffee!! Oh well.  It's still good - so far.
 
 
Next comes - you guessed it - mushrooms, peppers and onions, browned just right.  Still no garlic??
 
 
 
Now it goes into the cooking pot for a long, very hot soak in some kinda broth (?)   Did I mention green beans, tomatoes and potatos.  Still no garlic?????  Actually I had to watch the meat balls while Cathy was doing her email.  That's my girlyman work for today.   Can't wait to taste this concoction.  I'll let ya know how it came out later........ 



No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch