Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Friday, March 22, 2013

More HoneyDo's

Well - again we're getting closer to having Cathy's Kitchen done the way she wants it.  We got her new appliances - Whirlpool diswasher, Frigidaire Gallery electric stove and microwave.  I spent all day getting them installed and I can truly say that the above range microwave was the hardest.  I just ain't into lifting like I used to but we got it in, thanks to Cathy's help.



  She picked some real good appliances.  I told her that as much time as she spent in the kitchen I wanted her to get whatever she wanted that would help cut time and make her job easier.  The range is a convection and has 4 burners with a warmer.  The microwave is also convection and at 1.5 cuft, its almost twice as big as her older microwave.  The Dishwasher is fairly quiet but extremely easy to operat, has a little more room and is better organized internally for better cleaning of dishes, etc.




We have already priced out the new counter tops.  Our cabinet maker is located in Pall Mall, Tn and does a super job.  He priced out our counters at $1140 installed, including putting in our new sink, which we will purchase at Lowes.  We decided on going with laminate again cause the stone is just way too expensive for our taste.  They make a laminate that has a granite look, in a variety of non-repeat patterns, that has a routed edge.  It actually looks more like a granite counter top instead of the old laminate rounded over edge and flat ends.  We also decided to go with a butcher block counter top for the center island.  We can get it from Grizzely for about $250 which includes finishing and shipping.  It will be 36" x 60" and comes ready to mount.  I don't have to treat it with mineral oil until their original finish starts to wear off.  They include the oil to be used and considering the top is shipped via 18 wheeler, the price is good.  Randy, our cabinet guy says to have them ship it directly to his house and we can pick it up there.  He lives right off the highway and it's easier access for the big trucks.  Oh well, another HoneyDo that's done.  Cathy's kinda excited to see it all come together and she has never had a kitchen that was set up the way she wanted it.  We're getting there.  All I can say is the " I ain't stupid ",  I know that when Cathy's happy - I get great food.....

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch