Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Memory Lane

"I woke up this mornin' with the sundown shinin' in
I found my mind in a brown paper bag, but then....
I tripped on a cloud and fell-a eight miles high
I tore my mind on a jagged sky
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in"

If ya wanna hear the song and watch the video click on I just dropped in - in the lyrics above.

And now - I'll have my coffee and relax a bit


 For some reason that song has been stuck in my head for the past few days.  Kinda like my present condition.  Since Saturday, I've been in the very low doldrums or sickly  -   to landlubbers.  I had chest constrictions like I was congested, shortness of breath, blah feeling, no appetite, sinus congestion, sore throat - just generally feeling like crap.  Went to the doc and he kinda freaked out - started asking me questions about traveling pain to my arms, back, jaw etc.  I know he was piqued that I hadn't come in sooner and he was checking me for heart attack.  Well, after xrays and EKG and further testing, he determined I have something going on.  WHEW- glad I wasn't just imagining all this.  Anyway some kind of infection, bronchial etc.  Antibiotics cures all and that's where I'm at now

     So - back to the song.  I first heard that (Just Dropped In) in 1967 when I was waiting for a bus at the Greyhound bus station in Washington, D.C. for a trip up to Rhode Island to visit my Honey and now wife - Cathy.

                                       Cathy & I in 1969 at my home in Kinmundy, Illinois

 I remember saying to myself Boy is that guy on drugs or what?  When I finally did listen to the lyrics Sung by Kenny Rogers and First Edition - I was still thinking they were on drugs or had been.  Funny how a song can take you back to a time in your life and trip the memory button.  Just thot I'd share that this bright, sunny morning.  TaTa



No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch