Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Crappy Weather

For the past three days it has been raining and chilly.  The ground is so saturated on the mountain that I'm wondering what's holding the house up.  When you walk across the yard the ground is squishy.  It's just plain dismal out there. 

 
 
This is what it has looked like off my front porch for the past few days.  It's so foggy out there you can hardly see the road.  This is the kind of weather people drive off the side of the mountain in.  Not me - I ain't going nowhere in this stuff, especially driving around in it.  Luckily it doesn't last forever.  Today it was clearing and the sun actually came out and the ground fog disappeared.  Whew!  We were starting to get cabin fever.  Just another day on the mountain.  But - it's still too wet to go out walking on the logging roads.  I was gonna take the 4 wheeler out for a spin but I'd be throwing mud all over me in the process - so maybe in a few days.  With all the rain we've had there should be lots of arrowheads lying around.  The water is still running off the mountain and the creeks and rivers are really up and running high.  Couldn't ask for better conditions to find these artifacts but you have to be able to carry about 20 lbs of mud on your boots to go out just now.  All in good time.
We did manage to get most of the Christmas decorations down before the weather set in so that's one chore over with until next year.  Still got the New Year to go then everything will be back to a more normal pace.  So - with a smile on my face, a prayer in my heart and hope for the future, we in the Elston household wish all of you a safe and happy New Year.  See you on the other side!!!
 


No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch