Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

We're on a roll

It's truly amazing how much the weather has changed in just a few days.  We've had temps in the 80's with lows in the 60, give or take a few degrees.  It has rained bunches in the past three days, to the extent that Dale Hollow Lake has risen about 2 feet.  That's a lot for this lake and I imagine those people just down river from Dale Hollow, in the Nashville area, are watching closely.  Dale Hollow is fed by a multitude of streams, as well as Wolf and Obey rivers.  That's a lot of water to back up behind Dale Hollow Dam.  Anyway time marches on.  Spring is in full bloom and I mowed the lawn for the first time.  We planted three trees in the front yard to help shade the western side of the house.

 

 Don't know what kind of flower this is but it's probably a weed.  They're all over the yard, just like the Dandelions.




The butterflies are out in force, especially on Cathy's Lilac bushes.
 
 

 
I found a what appears to be a Thrushes nest in our fence line among the blackberry brambles and she's sitting on eggs, when I'm not trying to get a photo.

 
 Cathy made Bruschetta Chicken for supper yesterday.  Boy was it ever good.  Ain't too many meals that she's made that weren't good.


  Combine the Bruschetta with green beans and  tomatoes, topped with Mozzarella cheese balls in a marinade.  Wow.  For a low calorie or lite meal - I have to give her 5 gold stars.  I'm a "meat and taters" kind of guy but I could get used to this.

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch