Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Just when you thought it was safe!!!

Go figure.  Here we were with beautiful spring weather, temps in the mid-high 70's, overnight lows in the high 40's then----------------


We wake up to this stuff.  What a shock.  Mother Nature sure has a sense of humor alright.  But I don't think the blooming foliage is gonna be laughing.  My Dogwood and Weeping Willow seem to have weathered the freeze.  Just can't tell about the Walnut and Hickory trees yet.  Time will tell tho.
     I took some time from my ultra busy schedule last Sunday to go on a walk about down to the saw mill, hunting for arrow heads.  Found tons of chips and pieces.  Then when I was on my way back to the 4 wheeler to head home, I saw this little item laying in a washout.


It's missing the top third of the point but I haven't been able to identify it yet.  Still doing my research on the base.  Also found this:


Unless you collect these things you wouldn't recognize this as another broken base.  You can tell by the notch in the bottom right corner.  This would be nearly impossible to identify as to type because the left side is missing.   Also came across this rather large flake:


This is a flake or shard of chert that was broken off a larger piece in the process of making an arrow head or other point.  It's about 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long.  Don't usually find flakes this long just laying around.  Anyway - that's about it for now.  Hopefully the weather will start warming again and return to a more normal spring.


No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch