Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Its a Beautiful Fall

I haven't written on the blog in quite awhile. Seems I have been busy canning the last of the tomatoes. Going to miss those garden tomatoes. Didn't know there was so many ways to can tomatoes.  I have canned tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, tomatoe juice, spagetti sauce, green tomatoe relish, marinara sauce and tomatoe jam. Tomatoes in the vegetable sou0p even.  The last of the tomatoes are ripening up on the front porch. There are probably tomatoes up there still at the neighbors garden. He has greens going now.

The leaves are beautiful here this year and it won't be long and they will be turning brown and dropping off the trees then winter and cold weather will be here.  This week there is to be 79 degree weather until Saturday then hit hits the low 60's. Hope to get out on the boat a few more times before we cover it for the winter. With the knee surgery and Chuck working so much this summer, we didn't get out on the boat as much as in previous years.

I am so glad that the bathroom is done it turned out just like I thought it would.  Next will be the master bedroom, just chair rail and paint. We want to redo the closets in all 3 bedrooms to maximize storage I am looking into designs for that. A good winter project. We have decided to try crown molding in the bedroom if it turns out good will do the living room as well.  Plan to do wainscoat, chair rail and crown molding in the livingroom as well.

I have been reading quite a bit but must get back to my cabin quilt.  Its a good winter project. Its for the guest bedroom. We have been thinking of building a murphy bed in the 3rd bedroom which would give us extra guest space.  I have my desk and computer in here and Chuck has his computer and desk in the guest bedroom.  Wish the bedrooms and main bath were just a little bigger.

Heading to Dallas, TX to visit some old friends they were here the end of June and plan to come back again in May.  They would love to move up here someday as they love the area.  We have been thru Dallas a couple of times passing through but never stopped.  We plan to spend the night in Memphis at the navy base there and hope to arrive with time to go to the exchange and commissary.  November we head to FL to visit with son and wife.  Hopefully it will be much cooler there in November. Hope to see the 3 gradaughters and daughter while there as well.  The two oldest girls are in high school now and youngest will be 5 this month.  They have  grown up so much.  They didn't make it up for a visit this summer maybe next summer. 

Finally feel recovered from the knee replacement surgery I had in May.  I spend mothers day in the hospital. I am waiting to see how the cold affects it this winter.

Hubby celebrated his 66th birthday today. Steak salad and ice cream cake and a box of his favorite chocolet covered cherries and pjs for the upcoming winter. 

Not alot going on here. So I will sign off for now.

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch