Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

SUMMER IS ALMOST ENDED

I have been to busy to write on the blog for the past 2 months. I am still learning my new" stay at home job", "Medical Transcription". It was a bit tough at first the biggest problem understanding the Dr.'s one speaks with an accent, the other rather fast and one is quite long winded (more money) and learning all these new terms. I get $.12 a line although that doesn't sound like much it quickly ads up. I made $242 last month just part-time. I could make more if I wanted to work full time. Sometimes my sister-in-law has extra that needs doing so I will help out. I hope to make a little more this month since I am getting much faster at it. I kinda enjoy it. All work has to be done the same day so there is a 24 hour turnover. This allows the Dr.'s time to get the printed reports we type, look them over and sign them and then they go to the Dr. who requested the procedure. My sister-in-law is looking for another new client preferably another imaging center. I mainly do MRI's but will soon be doing CAT scans and PET scans. They each have different terms to learn and spell. With the price of gas being so high, its nice not to have to leave the house (this will be especially nice in the winter) and drive anywhere. Everything I type is done on the computer and sent to a temp file where my sister-in-law checks the reports before sending them on. Not all her clients use the computer she still has a couple of clients that use tapes that she has to go and pick up then return with the printed reports. Luckily, she doesn't live far from them.

My vegetable garden is doing well last week we picked some okra and everyday there are cherry tomatoes, plum tomatoes and regular tomatoes. I have som Japanese egg plant and some green peppers as well as about 6 different herbs. Next year we hope to have a bigger garden and that way I can freeze vegetables for the winter months. Our neighbor gave us some potatoes out of his garden. What a difference compared to the ones from the store. We will plant some potaoes eyes next Spring and see how we do. One problem we are having is some kind of bug is eating holes in the leaves of some of my plants and grasshoppers are a problem to I think that they like my tomatoes. I have had to pick some before they are vine ripe and just set them out on the porch to ripen.

My second grandaughter celebrated her 10th birthday yesterday. I had sent her a package last week so she opened it while I was on the phone. She loved her new outfit and digital/camera/camcorder. They live in FL and start school the 19th of this month. The baby, Lilly, was keeping busy getting into the packages having a good time. She also got a new outfit as did the oldest one Jynna who is 12. I was at Penneys on the 1st of the month and was able to get Jynna 2 new bathing suits for $.89 each and one for Kaylee at the same price. They have been going to the beach at least once a week and are really tan, even Lilly.

Well its time to get the rest of the housework done and make the pasta salad for dinner. Hubby is working today and hopefully will be home early. He and Ken are trying to finish up a job so they can go on to the next one.

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch