Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Peaches

Yesterday we put up a big box of South Carolina white peaches. We first had to put the peaches in boiling water for 15 seconds, then into cold water. The peel comes off very easily. Then I sliced them and layed 4 cups of sliced peaches at a time on a cookie sheet and sprinked with Bell's Friut Fresh (pectin) to keep the peaches from turning brown. Chuck was putting them in the plastic bads and sealing with the sealing machine. The sealing machine takes the air out of the bags. You acually have to cut and make the bags yourself which is nice you can have larger or smaller bags. We will enjoy eating these all winter. I hope the man that was selling the peaches in the bank parking lot is there tomorrow when I go into town, I would like to buy another box full. Otherwise, maybe we will catch him on Monday.

I went to the Farmers Market in Byrdstown this morning. I wish I had started going sooner. There were only 2 people there selling veggies all they had left was pole beans so I got a big container of those. Its the end of the growing season now so I doubt that there will be anymore fresh veggies to buy. We hope next year to plant a lager garden and also find some places to go and pick our own fruits and vegetables. We found a place that you can pick your own strawberries so next Spring will try picking our own.

I finished my transription for the day. The imaging centers are open a half a day on Sat. and the Dr.'s will come in and read on Sat. and sometimes on Sunday. I will make more money this month since I have been doing more reports one gal was on vacation all this week. She only works Tues. Wed. and Thurs. so I will usually do more on those days and after 5pm when she leaves work if she has left any work to do.

The days are starting to get shorter its uaually dark by 8 pm now and its getting cooler at night. Its been ion the low to mid 80's lately with a little bit lower humidy. Fall will be here before we know it. I am looking forward to the leaves changing fall is my favorite month. We may have company for Thanksgiving Chucks 2 sisters from IL. Well thats it for now. Not alot to write about.

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch