Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Winter has arrived

Well I do think that winter has arrived! Yesterday around 2 pm I was taking the horse his bucket of hay cubes and it was acually spitting snow! Chuck has been working out in the cold all week and said it was spitting snow where he was to (he is working about 45 minutes from here). Instead of getting warmer yesterday, the temp kept dropping all day. It was very windy and made it especially cold out. I think it got down in the 20's last night! BRRRR! Guess I can finally pack away my shorts! Smile! We have had beautiful weather and the delay in the cold means that we have used the heat less. Who knows what the price of propane will be with the gas prices going up and up($2.99 here yesterday) . I try to conserve my gas in the truck by not making too many trips to town (its 24 miles or so round trip) and I try to only go to town once or twice a week. I usually go on Sunday and take the trash to the drop-off site and run my errands. This weekend I will have to go in town to get the fresh veggies for Thanksgiving dinner. This is the first year that we will be alone for the holidays without the kids and grandchildren and its kinda depressing. Really feeling the empty nest syndrome this year. Christmas will be worse. I got a small turkey without the legs and wings but it still looks like to much. I don't know how to cook for 2 people! Smile.

Another stray cat showed up and is sleeping on the porch. He wasn't used to people but is letting us pick him up. Trying to get him to trust us so we can get him in a cage and to the no kill shelter. We certainly don't need anymore cats! We put a small dog house on the deck and put and old quilt in it and he has been sleeping in it. We named him Flash as when he first started showing up on the front porch, he would be gone in a flash as soon as he saw us!

Chuck just left for work about 30 minutes ago. Should be a short day today as he is just doing some work for his former boss from FL. He still has a fencing job to finish up next week for Brians friend and neighbor. Its a board fence and time consuming. The extra money will certainly come in handy now with Christmas coming up. We hope to do our Christmas shopping next month in Cookville. I'm afraid it will be a slim Christmas this year. Chuck wants to put the tree up after Thanksgiving but I want to wait until the 1st of Dec. I know that I will have to fight with the cats as I know that they will be messing with the tree especially the kittens. They do like to climb it to. The older cats won't mess with it. Chuck wants to decorate the outside this year too. All of our stuff was in storage for over a year so we didn't bother decorating much and just borrowed a tree from Kristy.

Well its time to get my house cleaned and finish the Christmas dress for the newest Grandaughter. I finally got some pictures of her and the other 2 girls. Oldest daughter in Orlando went to see them last weekend and took digital photo's. Even some of our son.

Everyone have a wonderfull Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cathy & Chuck,
Love the pics. Your house looks great. It seems like everyone is moving to Tenn. Any land left? Things are the same here, weather is cooler and we are enjoying a nice fall. We have our last one in college at FSU. After he graduates we will probably move to WV or your area. Looking for some land and seclusion. Forestry is same, doing a lot with the horse groups. I speak to Christie every once in a while. I know you heard all about Brooksville politics. Couldn't of happened to a nicer bunch. Have a great Christmas and New Year. Joe & Maureen

Knit Wit said...

I love the picture of the house and all the fall colors.

We usually put our decorations and tree up the day after Thanksgiving. But I am wondering how the tree will make it with Avery. She's into everything.

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch