Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

By next weekend the temps will be in the mid to low 80's and 10% humidity with lows in the high 50s to low 60s! Whew ! I have had enough of this heat and am certainly ready for fall!

Surprise! Surprise! We finally got some much needed rain about 10:30 pm and did it rain. CHucks motorcycle got knocked over and a couple things broken and all his gas ran out! Must have had some wind. He usually keeps it on the front porch but was riding it last week. The grass is fianlly greening up and Chuck is out mowing the weeds that popped up. Won't have to mow much longer if it contiues to cool off.

Yesterday made my once a week trip to town to take trash to the drop off center then to Walmart and a couple other places. The gas and diesel prices are fianlly dropping hope it lasts. We have been trying to be conservative mainly because before the end of the month we are out of money! Still job hunting yesterday I filled out an application at the school board maybe something will come up. I really don't want to substitute teach though so hopefully something office will come up.

Well I must finish my laundry that I didn't do yesterday.

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch