Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Sunday, September 3, 2017

SURPRISED I'm back so soon - Huh!!

It's been kind of a slow week around here.  The grandkids have started back to school and Kristy has started her college certification course.  Cathy is auditing a college course on Tennessee History and I'm lollygagging around.  Actually I had a molar surgically removed on Tuesday but was back to normal that evening.  Except for having to rinse my mouth 3-4 times a day, it was actually not as bad an experience as I had expected.  They used really good drugs!!
The temps have been dropping pretty low during the evenings, as low as 50 last night and It's supposed to go even lower next week.  Don't know - but looks like we may be skipping fall this year and going straight into winter.
I have been putzing around being crafty for the week.  A friend sent me some Jasper as a gift.  It was really beautiful and when I admired it they sent me a piece.  They currently live in Hawaii but have some property in Georgia which is where the Jasper is from.  They are gonna send me a bigger piece when they get back to Georgia again.  In talking with them I found out that they really like deer and actually have deer on their property that they feed.  So - I decided to make them a leather carving of a deer, frame it and send it to them as a gift.
The frame is made of Hemlock which is the same wood as my house is made from.  Anywho, I hope they like it.
I was passing through the kitchen earlier and came across this  - - -

I don't know where it came from but I can tell ya where it's going.  Apparently while I was busy in the barn building a picture frame for my project, Cathy was busy making an apple pie.  UUUUMMM
UUUUMMM!!  Add a little ice cream and man oh man - Dairy Queen ain't got nothing on us.  Short and really sweet but I was here but then KILROY may have been here to.  Til next time...


No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch