Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Morning mist

Headed out this morning to do some work on the other side of the county, about 25 miles away and happened to look back as I was headed up the mountain.  Thought it was a nice soft picture.


 
Didn't stop to think that I'd be driving thru that stuff on my way east but boy did I.  It gets so thick at times that you can't see the edge of the road and, in these mountains where we don't have many guard rails, you have to really be careful.  It could be a long way down, as you can see from this next picture. 
 


 
 
Yup - that ain't no illyusion - that thar be a Tennessee hill.  Actually this is state rte 127 going north from Jamestown toward Kentucky.  If you look kinda close you'll notice the road curves to the left but then it goes into an "S" curve and you're still going down hill at the same angle.  Some of the log and rock haulers have an exciting time going down this thing.  Two days ago they had this roadway blocked and were rerouting traffic.  I assume someone overshot one of those curves and wound up going over the mountain.  We'll be reading about it in the newspaper if they did.  Hope no one was hurt.    Later 

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch