Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's A New Day

Boy did it rain last nite.  Today would be a super day for arrowhead hunting cause of the washout in the logging areas buuuuuut I promised Cathy that if the weather was good, we'd spend the day on the lake. 

Does this look like good weather.  If the sun manages to break thru the cloud cover, it should burn this ground fog off but it'll take til 9AM for that to happen.  We'll just have to wait and see.
     Yesterday proved to be a pretty good day in spite of the drive to Crossville.  We shopped at Lowes, donated some clothes to a local church goodwill store, looked for a rollaway bed, shopped at Lowes, had an excellent Mexican dinner, and did I mention that we shopped at Lowes.  We found an 8 x 12 rug that Cathy wanted for the living room and some roll up blinds for the back porch to help block some of the heat from our early morning sun.  Only one little thing that kinda marred the drive.  We forgot that that day was the beginning of the Longest Yard Sale, which runs the length of Rt 127 from Ohio, thru Kentucky and Tennessee and on into Georgia.  Every year they feature this on HGTV.  People set up their tents and roadside stands all along the highway and people come from all over the US to buy junk.  Traffic slows to a crawl as rubberneckers slow down and stop on the highway to look at this stuff.  I am surprised that there aren't more accidents than there are.  Its a real mess and we always try to avoid driving on 127 during those 3 - 5 days, except yesterday.  It wasn't as bad as it could have been cause Friday and Saturday will be lousy with rubberneckers.
      I got a real surprise when we got home yesterday.  I was checking email and got a note from my Mom's youngest sister, Aunt Linda Kay.  The last time I saw or talked with her was when we were teen agers back in the 60's - - no not 1860's --- 1960's.  Anyway she had seen the Whitt family tree info that I had posted on wikitree and wanted to get more info.  What a shocker.  Once I had joined the Navy in 1965 I didn't spend much time back in good ole Illinois so I seldom got to connect with the Whitt side of the family or the Elston side for that matter.  I'm hoping we can reconnect and stay a little closer now that time is of the essence, if ya know what I mean.  Guess that's enough blabbering around the scuttlebutt for one day.  Later ya'll!!

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch