Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Weird Weather


One thing about living on this mountain, ya never know what the weather is gonna be like when you get up.  It's been unseasonally warm lately.  You can watch the clouds move in during the evening then heavy fog in the morning.  Easter flowers are blooming, as expected, but some of the trees are starting to leaf way too early.  This happened a couple of years back and we lost a lot of walnut, hickory nut and pecan production.    I sure hope that doesn't happen this year.  Back to the weather --
 
 
Then you get up and -- alakazaam -- where did this stuff come from.  The temp is in the teens and the wind is blowing about 40 mph.  Ah well, we'll just take it as it comes.  We went to Cookeville yesterday and did some shopping.  Cathy stocked up on groceries so we're ready.  She wants to start redoing the master bedroom.  We bought the paint and some chair rail and she wants to put up crown molding.  Did I say SHE wants to put it up.  WRONG!  She wants me to put it up.  Oh, well,  whatever keeps her smiling is alright with me.  We'll get the molding on the next trip.  I've never worked with crown molding but my work buddy says just remember to cut it upside down and backwards.  Wow - maybe I'm gonna have to use a mirror to get it right.  It's all in the way you put the molding on the saw table.  I'll learn and it's probably gonna be hilarious when I start.  Anyway - got up this morning and the snows all gone and it's already 45 and calm.  Gonna have to take a look at the weather forecast and see what the weather guessers are saying.  Later------   

1 comment:

Patricia said...

No I know how to spell alakazaam Spell check thinks it's Kalamazoo.
Ha!
Our plum trees are budding, way too early. Rick pruned them just this weekend, barely in time.

We're still waiting for winter rain. Looks like it's going to be a dry year.

Looks like you've worked through the blogger issues.
Take care, P

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch