Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Thursday, April 19, 2012


Well - Today was our first day out on Dale Hollow Lake.  It ws a little chilly, only 75 and a little breezy, but we enjoyed it anyway.  We spent a little time cruisin', a little time snoozin' and a little time fishin' and had a great time.  Gonna have to dedicate some time to cleaning up the boat after the winter over.  Lots of pollen and tree debris and some mold from being covered.


Chuck made a case for some of his flint arrowheads and blades.  Last summer he helped our neighbor rebuild his barn doors.  So - in return, Joe gave him the weathered barn wood from the old doors.  The wood is really aged, perhaps 30-40 years worth, and on the outside it's black and the side that was inside of the barn is grey.  Chuck as also made some picture frames from the same wood.


I just found out that I'm going to have to have knee replacement surgery in May.  Seems that the arthritis has really deteriorated my left knee joint and it has to be repaired.  Not looking forward to it but am hoping it will get rid of the pain I've been having for awhile.  I'm sure, in time, I'll wind up having the same thing done to the right knee also.  Anyway, in preparation for this, we're getting rid of the bath/shower combination in our master bathroom and replacing it will a full, tiled shower.  We intend to redo the entire bathroom but this will be the start.  We purchased all the material and Ken, Chucks friend, is going to help get it started by laying in the shower pan.  Hopefully it will only take a few days and my bathroom will be back in operation.                                                                       


No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch