Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Family is Here

Kristy and the girls arrived on Sunday afternoon.  After resting up one day we took them out on the boat on Tuesday.  It was a hot day but cloudy so not as hot as it usually would be.  They all had fun swimming and then we took a ride.  This lake is hugh! Goes all the way up into KY.  They wanted to go out again today but we are having thunderstorms and rain.  Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for the lake. 

I had my appt with the orthopedic Dr. yesterday and he released me.  Now I wait until the other hip starts hurting and he will take care of it.  I was still doing my exercises but now I think I will just do the treadmill and start taking walks.  I am glad to be almost back to normal and will be when everything heals.  We took the two grandaughters with us yesterday and shopped at Penneys before my appt.  They found markdown clothing like 50-60% off plus I had a coupon for an extra 20% off.  They are learning how to get more for their money at a young age.  Jynna is 15 and Kaylee will be 13 on August 8th she will celebrate her birthday here again this year with an ice cream cake and a gift card to her favorite store Rue 21 which they will shop at next week. 

Neighbor left us a bucket of corn yesterday and a few tomatoes today.  I hope to make some spagetti sauce to can for the kids to take home.  Also some salsa.  I did make them 6 jars of dill pickles as well.  Well thats all for now.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Have fun with your visitors. Our son and his family are coming up tomorrow just for the day. I'm looking forward to seeing our granddaughter. We didn't know they were coming up until we got home from our vacation trip. We had planned to go out on an overnight camping trip on the boat, but those plans got pushed aside while waiting to hear exactly when they would be arriving. Anyway, have fun. Take care.

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch