Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year




Well - it's a whole new year - 2009. Happy New year to ya'll. Hope this year is even better than last. Of course with the exalted Obama in office - what could possibly go wrong :] Our weather has really been wet for the past couple of weeks. Although we need the rain it sure does put a damper on activities. I've been trying to replace the steering gear on my 89 Bronco for about 2 weeks but the weather isn't cooperating. I did manage to get it started and with better weather will have it on the road soon. I took a couple of pictures off our back porch this am. The fog is soooo thick you can almost cut it with a knife. Sure can't see far on these mountain roads. Talked to a friend of mine, who is in Florida, and he says they're still in a drought. Have been for a couple of years. Its dry and humid as usual so I guess I shouldn't complain. We have work scheduled if the weather lets up. Ken has a job closing in a small barn we built and about 600' of fencing. That'll be good for about 2-3 days. Time drags by when you're cooped up with nothing to do. Reminds me of my submarine days when we were on our way home and had channel fever. There's nothing to do so you sleep a lot but you can only sleep so much then you really get bored. Fortunately it only lasted about a week or so. Gotta go to the big town (Jamestown) today to stock up on supplies.

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch