Welcome Aboard

We would like to welcome you to Cathy and Chuck's blog. We try to make at least twice monthly entries but sometimes get lax and neglect our blog. BUT we try to make up for it with hopefully interesting and informative articles. Happy Reading

About Us

My photo
I'm Cathy, a 67 year old retired Navy wife. Spent 24 years as a Navy wife until my husband retired after 27 years of service. We traveled all over from Washington D.C., to Puerto Rico, St. Croix, St. Maartin, Martinique, Japan and Korea. We re-located to this beautiful state of TN from Central FL. We live in the mountains on 5 acres with our 10 cats (5 indoor). I'm Chuck, the Other Half of the equation. I'm a 68 y/o sailor at heart. While in the Navy I was a Cryptologic Tech (Intel type). My most memorable tours of duty were in Submarines (Scorpion, Skipjack, Triton & Ray), as Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Deputy Director National Security Agency (RADM C.F. Clark), and my last tour as Operations Chief at NSGA Homestead, Fl during Hurricane Andrew. It was a good time to retire. We have been looking for this home since 1965 and thank the good Lord that we're finally here.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mountain Walk

The weather is absolutely beautiful here. Is such a relief to get rid of that hot weather. It was only in the 40's last night and today I opened the windows. I doubt that we will have to use the airconditioner anymore till next summer.

We took off out back down the mountain looking for arrowheads today. Chuck knows better what to look for than I do. We had some heavy rain last week so he thought that he might be able to find some arrowheads. No luck. Its really tuff walking on the hills some are pretty steep. We followed a logging road thru the woods all the way around and came back on another road. Our neighbor across the way owns acres and acres and said we could go walking on his property. His brother has his cows on the property and I wasn't to crazy about running into the black bull. Chuck tells me afterwood that the bull came after him! All we saw were the cows and calfs. My legs are killing me from climbing the hills I have arthritis in one knee and it really gives me a fit. I think the knee hurt worse going down hill then up hill though. Chuck took some pictures of the view and one of this old 1950's school bus that they used in this area before the school buses came out this way. Its been there so long that a tree has grown up thru it. The views of the surrounding area were so beautifull we can see clear into KY on a clear day. When its not hot we have a much nicer view. I think the leaves are starting to change already to I found some beautifull red maple leaf. Its been so many years since I have seen the change of seasons it will be nice.

Well its about time to fill the butane tank for our winter heat. We ordered ours already while the price is low. Since we are a new customer we get the first 400 gal at $1.59 a gallon and the rest at $1.79 a gallon. Later it will be $2.09 a gallon. Heating bills can get quite expensive but I think this house is well insulated. The last 2 houses that we rented were not very well insulated. I guess it could be worse electric heat is probably much more. Our highest electric bill since we moved in was last month when we had the 100+ degrees and it was $112. Now in FL it probably would have been over $250. I don't miss the high electric bills.

Well its time to get the foot fixer out and soak my sore feet!

No comments:

Back Porch View

Back Porch View
Eastern view off our back porch